How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 99954
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a court order in place which outlines child support

Customer Question

we have a court order in place which outlines child support and babysitting costs. If the primary parent changes babysitters and the cost goes up is the other parent automatically expsct to increase amount they are court ordered to pay for does the original court order need to go before counsel in order to have amounts changed?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

What does the order say about the parents having to agree about extraordinary expenses? What does it say about dispute resolution?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Follow-up to original question....The order states the respondent must pay the applicant 342.00 for child support and 157.00 monthly for child care. Section 7 expenses of 22.64% (a) child care expenses, (b) medical and dental premiums (c) health related expenses (d) extraordinary expenses regarding school. Sub note under the section 7 list states that parties acknowledge current section 7 expenses as soccer, swimming and Junior Wardens. Future section 7 expense must be agreed upon prior to expenditure. Article 14 at end of order states that the Order may be recalculated by "the recalculation program" based on the anniversary date and either party may apply for recalculation.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

So you both have to agree to the change in the baby sitter and if that doesn't happen you don't have to pay for the baby sitter.

And, you don't have to pay any increase unless your agree with it or else unless the applicant applies for a recalculation.

Related Canada Family Law Questions