How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 101023
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am originally from Fort St BC. I am getting a divorce and

Customer Question

Good morning. I am originally from Fort St John BC. I am getting a divorce and my ex and I do not have any assets of any kind to divide and there are no children. We are looking for a straight forward and simple divorce. I believe there is a name for that, Bench divorce perhaps??? It just goes straight to the Judge for signing. Two questions: What papers do I need to fill out for that and is it true that students can fill them out for me?
Sandra Kent
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.

Are you saying you just want an uncontested divorce on consent?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Yes that is correct. My ex and I have agreed to and uncontested divorce on consent.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.

rlfDo you want to apply yourself or jointly?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to apply myself. I may be easier because we no longer live in the same town. He is still in Fort St John and I am now living in Whitehorse Yukon.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.

How long have you lived in the Yukon for?

After that pieced of information I will be able to answer.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have lived here almost 2 years. I move her Dec 27 2013
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.

Because you have lived in the Yukon for over one year you can apply for the divorce in the Yukon. You could also apply in BC because your former spouse still lives there.

What you do is fill out the forms, attend at the courthouse to have the application issued and then you have to have your former spouse served with the divorce application, then he would then ignore it, and then you would then attend at the courthouse and note him in default. Shortly after that the judgment will be signed and again you never have to see the judge.

You don't need a student to fill this out for you as it will be very simple. But yes, if you want you can have anyone you like help you fill out the forms.

The only problem I am while I can find the forms online, choosing from a long list, there should be a divorce kit you can download for free or purchase for a small fee. You can call your local courthouse and ask how to get this kit.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK. Thank you very much for your information. How does the rest of the payment to you work?. Does it automatically come off my Visa?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.

I don't work for the site so I honestly don't know.

I just know that once you rate me positively I get paid my portion of what you paid the site.

But I just don't know more than that.

Please contact customer service and they will be able to answer you.