How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 99980
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter is 14. She plays performance soccer league in

Customer Question

My daughter is 14. She plays for a performance soccer league in the Comox Valley on Vancouver Island BC. After making the team and paying dues a large Salmon Farming Corporation became a sponsor and is renaming the league "Marine Harvest" Riptide in all media and branding uniforms. My daughter and I have both been very opposed to salmon farming for years. She is quite upset as am I. no parents were consulted. Salmon Farming is hugely controversial and my daughter does not want to be associated with this industry. If you are able to provide any information on what her rights are in this matter it would be greatly appreciated. I know other parents feel strongly about this as well
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Are you asking about how your daughter can get her money back? Or are you asking about whether she can do anything to stop this sponsorship deal?

Is the organization run by a board of directors and, if so, who elects the board?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am asking how we can stop this sponsorship.there is a board of directors and a steering committee. We just moved to the community to play soccer and I am not sure of the details but will find out whatever is needed.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

You would need to review the by-laws of the league to find out how to bring issues to the Board and it may be that you should consider having a petition signed by the members to present to the Board.

If a new Board is to be elected shortly then this could be made an issue for the election and perhaps the way to deal with this is to have new individuals consider standing for election.

But if the Board operates according to its by-laws and is not breaching any by-law by accepting this sponsorship there may not be anything you or anyone else can do about this if they insist on going ahead.

You could consider taking this to the media if all else fails.

I am sorry this is happening to you.

Related Canada Family Law Questions