How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 100049
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been seperated from my husband 6 years now we have

Customer Question

i have been seperated from my husband for about 6 years now we have one child together and my oldest is from a former relationship. when we seperated i was scared of him and there was a lot of physical and mental abuse towards me. I was a stay at home mom so i didnt have any money or anywhere to go. i was bullied into signing the seperation agrement which i was promised that my children would come to live with me after i found a job and bought a house. one year to the day after i left i had a good job and bought a house. Nothing changed .... i have had my children as much as i can but my ex lives far away and picking them up and dropping them off gets expencive and time consuming.. with no help on picking them up and dropping them off i have had to cut my time with them signifacantly. i have them week off week on during the summer and every other weekend and long weekends. i want costdy of my children .. does my ex have legal rights to my oldest child? do i have a chance at getting them full time ? where do i start when it comes to changing a seperation aggrement?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

What province is this and how old are your children?

Is the biological father involved in your older child's life?

Related Canada Family Law Questions