How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 100993
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex and I were granted shared custody of our handicapped

Customer Question

My ex and I were granted shared custody of our handicapped son, who is now 27 years old. I have him for 95% of the time, because his father works. My current husband works too. We cannot go anywhere without my son, unless we pay for a caregiver and pay for his transportation for his job. My husband and I very rarely get the chance to get away for a few days, the last time we did this was 4 years ago! It is putting a strain on our marriage and the ex doesn't feel like he should have to share costs. Is there any point in taking him to court? My ex husband is making very good money, lives alone and has no expenses.. What can I do? I am at the end of my rope.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

What province are you in?

Does your son receive governmental disability benefits?