How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 99940
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Family court-Ontario few months ago, I was ordered to pay

Customer Question

Family court-Ontario
Hello everyone,
few months ago, I was ordered to pay child support , and after few weeks I have a motion from the applicant to pay special expenses.
This week I have to service Notice of Motion.
I just found out that I might be eligible for Due Hardship.
My question is, can I request to reduce my child support for Due Hardship, in this motion, or wait for another time.
I highly appreciate any feedback
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

You can speak to the court clerk and ask if you can add your motion to the motion that is already scheduled. It may be possible but it depends on whether there is time to schedule a longer motion or not.

Related Canada Family Law Questions