How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 100018
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Separated and about to sign an agreement. Currently pay my

Customer Question

Separated and about to sign an agreement. Currently pay my ex $1416 per month. CPP is starting. what percentage should I payu her of CPP and if she recieves CPP or QPP want split takes place. Married over 30 years. now living with my common law wife ***@******.***
Toronto ON.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

The way this works is that she applies for a CPP credit split. The credits that you and she earned during the course of the marriage will be split and CPP will pay her what she is entitled to be paid when she applies for CPP for herself

Related Canada Family Law Questions