How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 100423
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just served by my ex-wife at the Superior Court of Ontario

Customer Question

I just served by my ex-wife at the Superior Court of Ontario for divorce and custody, the urgent motion was deemed not urgent by the judge today. However, I noticed several major and deliberate lies in her affidavit. I dug out all evidence that proves these lies what can I do in family court and do I have the right to sue for fraud in the mae claims court, and/or any other course of action? When possible kindly quote the tort. Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.

You cannot sue in civil court. This is a family law matter.

You can seek a finding of perjury from the court.

Or you can use this to attack your former spouse's credibility when you are back in Court. If she has lied under oath and you can prove this, you gain a very strong upper hand.

Related Canada Family Law Questions