How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 101437
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had an separation order dated Jun 2003 -- where the child

Customer Question

I had an separation order dated Jun 2003 -- where the child support amount was set $476 ($259(support) + $217 (child Care))/monthly-- My ex and I have since worked out another amount as my employment status changed. In Dec 2013 we worked out an arrangement for a new amount of $300/monthly -- but I had to take a pay cut and got injured and asked if an adjusted amount of $240/monthly. I am not faced with an FRO order and they are asking for $476/monthly. I now have two other children with my partner and my finances are not the great as I am on disability right now. How much would I need to pay her and what is the process involved in getting this sorted out?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
What is your gross annual income at this point? Is there one child?Does the child live with your ex for at least 60% of the time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello my gross annual income is about $58000.
I have one child with my ex he lives with her 100% he visits some times about once or twice a month for one night.I have two other children with my current partner. We all live together.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
Based on your gross annual income you are required to pay the child's mother $527.00 a month. If you are saying that your income is now less because you are on disability let me know what your income actually is now. So, if your income is actually $58,000 your best next step would be to pay what the FRO wants because otherwise you will have to pay more. I am sorry that this is not the answer you were looking for but of course you need an accurate answer.