Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian Family Law Question? Ask a family lawyer.

Canada Family Law

I AM MARRIED TO A MAN THATS PRISON , WE SPILT UP AFTER HAD

Customer Question
3RD BABY IN 2005...
I AM MARRIED TO A MAN THATS PRISON , WE SPILT UP AFTER HAD 3RD BABY IN 2005 , I AM ON A LIMITED INCOME AS I AM SINGLE MOM OF 2 KIDS NOW I WANT A SIMPLE ANSWER CAN WE GET DIVORCED WHILE HIS IN PRISON ....
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Family Law
7/20/2015
Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Yes.
You can get a divorce when he is on prison.
If you need more information than that please let me know.
yeah but also hard to find a lawyer to take my case that's why I asked
I am not rich and most wanted like close to 350 dollars for seeing me I am like I cant afford that can u help with that a lawyer to help me on a personal level
I cannot act for you as that is prohibited by the site. Is this going to be an uncontested divorce and are you just asking for a divorce and nothing else?
Yeah that's all thank you I will keep looking for a lawyer
Sorry no call me please pushed wrong button
You don't need a lawyer for an uncontested divorce. You can do this yourself. You can apply and serve him with the papers and he can ignore them or you can have him sign and you can apply jointly. It doesn't matter that he is in prison. He can still be served with papers.In most provinces you can get the forms for an uncontested divorce online. I don't know your province.
Legal Ease
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer