How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 99930
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I are both Canadian citizens but both live out

Customer Question

My wife and I are both Canadian citizens but both live out of the country and have been separated for over a year. We filed our professional taxes for 2011-2013 separately. We still owe on the taxes due to an accountant issue and She owes more than I do.
Will I have to pay part of her taxes since we were married when we filed?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We owned a business together which has been sold.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
You never owe money for your spouse's taxes, whether you are married, separated or divorced. One spouse is never liable to a third party for money owing by another spouse.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is this even the case if we owned a business together.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
You are not liable for her personal debts of any sort.

Related Canada Family Law Questions