How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 101440
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question is a a father what custody rights do I have

Customer Question

Hi my question is a a father what custody rights do I have I work she doesnt she has been out of the house for 1 week and I have the child she comes to the house looks after thechild during the day and packs but when I come home from work she leaves for the nite and I provide dinner and all the essentials for our child yesterday I had work and she didnt show up til 1 pm so I could not work cause I havnt set up daycare yet I would like full custody with her to hve visitation is that possible
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
Yes it is possible. A father's rights are the same as a mother's. If she is not taking care of the child in a responsible way and isn't showing up so you can work this will help you if this goes to court.I suggest you keep track of all you do and all she does but also what she is supposed to do but then does not do it. And you should consult with a family lawyer as soon as possible, face to face.