Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian Family Law Question? Ask a family lawyer.

Canada Family Law

The last communication I had with a lawyer was about EPCOR

Customer Question
sending us bills without us...
The last communication I had with a lawyer was about EPCOR sending us bills without us consuming any power. The answer from the lawyer was "How ca they bill you without using the service"? Now, What should we do to stop it?" In my last communication with
EPCOR, the lady clerk was clear about us not being allow to discontinue the service while we are away. She said we will have to pay each month for the service. When I asked how much we will have to pay, she said she could not tell. When we are away, we are
not consuming and should not pay for a consumption.. We are going back to Mongolia on August 4 and we near to clear this out before we leave. Johanne Johanne
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Family Law
7/16/2015
Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
I suggest that you send a letter to the head office of EPCOR stating that you are hereby terminating your service with them and want a letter confirming receipt of your letter and acknowledging the termination of the services. I don't see how they can tell you that you cannot terminate services. When you come back home you can contact them again and say that you would like to start a new service with them.
Legal Ease
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer