Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian Family Law Question? Ask a family lawyer.

Canada Family Law

My husband 35 yr old has brain cancer and last year

Customer Question
My husband 35 yr old...
My husband 35 yr old has brain cancer and for the last year things at home are terrible and getting worse by the day! I have a part time job 20 hrs a week as I have to be there for my kids. I have a 7 yr old and a 3 yr old. We have been living together for 8 yrs. we rent a basement suite in BC. He has just about stopped giving me money for gas, food etc etc. he is NOT the man I marred!!! He calls me all sorts of names and yells at the kids! He says that he can't control this scarey anger but it's only with ME that does all this yelling and swearing!! I have HAD it. NOW he is telling ME to leave!!!! I think HE needs to move , not ME! But if he does, I will need financial help with the rent, food and support for the children! What do I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Family Law
7/16/2015
Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Is he working?Is his condition terminal?What province are you in please?
No he can't work. Condition is up in the air at the moment. He has a second tumor growing on the original one. I mentioned in my question - we live in Surrey BC.
Did u receive my answers yet?!
Will you be answering my question soon?
Sorry for the delay and for missing the point about BC. I was using my iphone and I can better access your post now that I was able to switch to my computer. Is he receiving disability benefits?
Yes he is receiving disability benefits.
I am sorry, but I am not able to speak with you because the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking with someone who is not my client. Because he is becoming more and more abusive it is actually quite possible that in your particular case the court will give you the right to exclusive possession of the home. This would mean that, while he would still be an owner of the home, he would not be able to enter the home any longer. You should most assuredly not move out of the home at this point in time. If you do so it may be very easy for him to get an order for exclusive possession of the home on the grounds that you have abandoned the matrimonial home. If his disability benefits are greater than your income he will most likely have to provide you with spousal support. As the children will be living you he will also have to provide you with spousal support. I suggest that as a next step you consult with a family lawyer face to face. What you can do to find a lawyer is one of the following things. You can contact the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $25. The number is(###) ###-####or 1.***-***-****.
No phone - just email pls
This is the email address that I have for them:***@******.***
Legal Ease
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer