How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 100417
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to know what happen if my ex wife try

Customer Question

I would like to know what happen if my ex wife try to take my son with here outside of Canada without my consent knowing that there is no court order so far but we will at the court soon to discuss this matter in few days only. also on my application for parenting I put that both of us need to consent for my son to travel with any one of us in case I refuse to let her take my son with her for any reason can I do that or no and what if I believe that she is not returning back to Canada if she travel outside of the country can I still be able to refuse that to her
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
If you believe she is about to abduct your son you can bring an application to court on an emergency basis to seek interim sole custody.As well you should call Canada Border Service and alert them to the possibility of a parental abduction. You should try and retrieve his passport if the mother has it and keep it for now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


can you read my question again please because you did not answer it.

thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I went to the court already to ask for that but the judge refuse also I lookout his passport so now he is not allowed to fly for a certain period of time but my real question I`m allowed to refuse for him to travel with his mom before or after the court submit the order.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
You can refuse to allow him to travel but if the mother gets an order that she can travel with him then your consent will no longer be needed. She would then just have to show the order at the border.

Related Canada Family Law Questions