How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience:  25 years in practice.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My common law spouse and I have separated. We have 4 children

Customer Question

My common law spouse and I have separated. We have 4 children together 2 of which do not live at home. We own a house together, I personally do not want anything from it or him. I would just like the house and contents sold pay off our debt and go our separate ways. I work out if town so I am not home very often I out 1/2 of each check in the joint account to help pay mortgage and bills I put around 2-3 thousand a month in. He now wants me to give him another 1300 a month to help with the children at that rate he will be getting almost everything I make, I won't have much to live on. I have no problem paying for my children but I do have a problem with him thinking I should pay for the majority of everything. I just came home for days off seeing as I pay 1/2 the mortgage I feel I am entitled to stay at the house. He is now refusing to let me use the shower. Telling me I am nothing but a bitch. Don't get me wrong I did take 2 dressers and other keep sakes I received from my family along with the lawn tractor I purchased he is insisting I need to pay him for lawn tractor. So I have told him fine then he needs to sell his bobcat and holiday trailer which are both worth way more than the lawn tractor. I need help getting this separation over and done with so that I can move on find a place of my own so my kids can come visit in peace. I want nothing else from the property he can keep whatever he wants but the remainder and the house need to be sold and the debt we incurred to get her be paid off. I have saved up a little money to pay for a lawyer.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
What province is this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The province is Alberta
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
Please let me know the following:
The age of each child
Where the child lives
If the child is over the age of majority if the child is in school full-time
Your gross annual income
His annual income

Related Canada Family Law Questions