How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience:  25 years in practice.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I originally signed A separation agreement under?r a few

Customer Question

Hi I originally signed A separation agreement under?r a few types of duress.... It very unfair.... Its 6 years old now.... I have never been free from him.... I got only 100k out of a 900k net worth.... Married for 18 years, reconciled again and resided with him for 14 months... During this time he exstored me out of 40 and all my income... I had a net worth of 150 that I brought back... He spent my 40 k, my paychecks and I worked for free renovation. 3apartments.... There are a few other fowel play monetary moments but I ran after with only 70k of my net worth and he refuses to compensate or provide child support anymore.... I agreed on 1400 a month until the last child hit nineteen,no other rules, surrendered spousal support and gave up my interest in approx 800k on the original agreememt in ex hang for 1400 a month til the last turned 19... He has refused maintenance for over a year, refuses to compensate me for increasing his net worth by about 200k and is using scare tactics to stopme from hiring lawyers...
What are my rights... Ive been taken advantage of through feet and dureess... But my net worth is 58k and his is about a million...
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry to hear of this difficult situation.Did you have independent legal device before signing the contract?

Related Canada Family Law Questions