How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 100366
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Please answer me this question: I am having sole custody of

Customer Question

Please answer me this question: I am having sole custody of my ex-wife’s son, I took him when he was 4 years, I have other younger children’s with her and they are also in my sole custody. The mother is not suppose to be around children’s for her mental issues so we have no contacts with her. It was more than a decade ago, the eldest one (who is not by biological child) become very disruptive in our life’s and dislike his younger brothers and always bully them. We have had enough and my new wife have had enough from his abusive behaviors. Please advice me if I can send him back to his biological mother as he is 15 now ? or can I hand him over back to the court and relief myself from having his sole custody or any responsibility of him ? or is there anyway the govt helps me financially so I can find a separate place for him to live ? Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
What province is this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please send a copy to my email too.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
Will the mother agree to take him back?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, but she is not Canadian and live in Dubai. But her son dont want to go I been trying to convince him. He get agitated he dont want to leave his school and his friends. He is in grade 9.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
In Ontario the Children's Aid Society has jurisdiction over your son until he is 16. So if you believe he is out of control and you can no longer care for him you can seek their involvement/assistance.As well you can call the mother and tell her to come to Canada to retrieve him. But you cannot hand him to the Court as the Court doesn't take care of children. And you will have to support him financially even if you have him live elsewhere. I suggest you speak to a worker at the Children's Aid Society as your next step.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did contact them the visited my place and they inform me as the child is not in any danger they cannot take him. For them there are more pressing cases they have to deal with. The mother cannot come to Canada because she is been deported with no rights to enter Canada again.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
They can take him but they don't want to. You can call them again and tell them that you cannot control the child and that he is beyond your control and you cannot manage him and that he is not your biological child. You can say that you don't want to have to send him to Dubai.

Related Canada Family Law Questions