Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister and Solicitor Retired cop Crisis Negotiator Drug Expert
38596469

I could not get bank re-financing to payout spouse

Customer Question

I could not get bank re-financing for home to payout spouse as per separation agreement. What are my options now considering the sale of the home was not listed as an option on the agreement.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
Are you asking for a second opinion?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
I will opt out then.
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I have reviewed your discussion with my colleague and I would be happy to help you. Were you represented by a lawyer when you signed the separation agreement? If not, did you at least have it reviewed by independent counsel, someone representing your interests? Were you under any pressure to sign it? Were there threats or anything else being done to coerce you into signing the agreement, knowing that the house was not valued at what it stated on the agreement? I look forward to hearing back from you. Jim