How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Copperlaw Your Own Question
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2019
Experience:  Barrister and Solicitor Retired cop Crisis Negotiator Drug Expert
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Copperlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I could not get bank re-financing to payout spouse

Customer Question

I could not get bank re-financing for home to payout spouse as per separation agreement. What are my options now considering the sale of the home was not listed as an option on the agreement.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
Are you asking for a second opinion?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
I will opt out then.
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I have reviewed your discussion with my colleague and I would be happy to help you. Were you represented by a lawyer when you signed the separation agreement? If not, did you at least have it reviewed by independent counsel, someone representing your interests? Were you under any pressure to sign it? Were there threats or anything else being done to coerce you into signing the agreement, knowing that the house was not valued at what it stated on the agreement? I look forward to hearing back from you. Jim