How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 99945
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to sponsor my wife to canada

Customer Question

i want to sponsor my wife to canada
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
she has syrian nationality, but i do work as a family physician with very good position in Canada..
what are the steps, and can i get her visitor visa while awaiting for her sponsorship for residency?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
The way this works is that the sponsorship application and the permanent resident application go in together. Once you are approved as a sponsor your spouse's application will be processed.
She will need to undergo medical, background and criminal checks.
Here is the link to the webpage that has all the information and forms:
She can try to get a visitor's visa. This is sometimes approved so long as she can show strong ties to back home.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
could you help giving more hints how to show strong ties?
and what about if i myself is her sponsor here in Canada, and would show my own bank account which is very good position to bear her visit expenses.?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
but is it required to prove that she will be back home if she's supposed to live in future in Canada with her husband??
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
Yes because she cannot enter Canada as a visitor with the intention of remaining. So she cannot come as a visitor if she is planning to move to Canada when she enters. She has to show a job, a home, ties to the community etc.

Related Canada Family Law Questions