Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

My wife aparently gets half of my penson and gets to keep all…

Customer Question
my wife aparently gets half...
my wife aparently gets half of my penson and gets to keep all of hers this is so unfaire that if thats the way it is i can forget about ever retireing i will have to work until i die .is their ways of getting her off my pension .i was convinced by my lawyer in2009 that this was my only option and had me believe that what i was sighning at the time ment she was to get half of our penson after her was calculated in so it would be equilly split at the value of it when we separated in 2005 .now that it s getting close to retire .i find out no she get all of hers and half of mine theirfore i cannot retire as long as she lives or i must work till i die cant this be made right
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Canada Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/19/2015
Family Lawyer: Law Maven, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Law Maven
Law Maven, Lawyer
It would help in answering your question if you could tell us what province you're living in. It would also help to know whether there is a Court Order, a Separation Agreement, or a different document that sets out the terms of your divorce.