How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 101430
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex is limiting my access to my kids. The back story is.

Customer Question

My ex is limiting my access to my kids. The back story is.
She lived with me in Alberta ( where our youngest was born) she moved away to Ontario in August of 2013. I stayed behind to make ends meet. We separated in feb of 2014. I stayed to get experienced so I wouldn't come back to Ontario to a minimum wage job.
I moved home on June 2nd. Since moving home she has not been reasonable to sharing time with my kids. I've had them couple days. Not even full hours. I have asked to discuss and mixed schedule 1 week on one weeks off. She said to me via txt that she is living as if I am not here like she had done for the last 2 years.
What's my best course of action? I cannot afford a lawyer.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
Your best course of action is first to see if you are eligible for legal aid. If not you can get some free help here: should apply to the court for an order for access and the access needs to be specified so she cannot deny it.You should be doing this as soon as possible.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you have any info for Ontario courts? I am currently in Ontario.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
The site is not working well. I posted an answer at once but now see it has not posted. I am sorry about that. I had said that you can get some free help by making an appointment at the Family Law Information Centre at the local provincial courthouse.