How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 99935
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I made a agreement with my x wife to keep paying child support

Customer Question

I made a agreement with my x wife to keep paying child support after they were 18 years old because she was not working, she said she would pay me back when her mother would die. Now she refuse to pay me back. The children were not in school when they turned 18.
We did not put are agreement in writing but she did talk to one of the children about it.
I payed support from 1998 to 2008 and her mother died in2013,the children turn 18 in 2000 an2001.
Do I have a chance to recover my money?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
What province is this and when exactly did her mother die? Did you learn of the death when she died or later on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When she died
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
But when exactly did she die in 2013?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
February 2011
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Wrong answer. February 2013
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
You can sue the estate.
The limitation period for suing is three years in Quebec in most cases.
I suggest having a lawyer in your city review the facts and send a demand letter at once.

Related Canada Family Law Questions