Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

If I have received a gift from someone who purchased this with…

Customer Question
if I have received a...
if I have received a gift from someone who purchased this with monies obtained fraudulently can the bank whom he defrauded take my gift
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Canada Family Law
6/5/2015
Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
What type of gift is this?How would the bank know what he did with the money?How much money?What province is this please?
Gift was a motorhome and part of our mutual seperation agreement about 245K the giver obtained a loan from the bank for a motorhome and the giver presented the bank with an invalid / made up bill of sale for a non exsitant motorhome He them took the loan money and bought me a different motorhome which the bank out about because he defauled on the loan and the tried to verify serial number etc with the selling company which was the same on both bill;s of sale the made up one and the actaul one
So are you saying there is no security to the bank loan and he defaulted so you are worried they will be able to seize this motorhome?Was this actual a gift or was it part of the division of assets that was necessary because your marriage ended?