Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

My wife has cheated on me and she has a son that lives with

Customer Question

My wife has cheated on me and she has a son that lives with us. The son is not mine but hers from a previous marriage. I want to ask her to leave as she is continuing to see the person she cheated on me with. If I ask her to leave, am I jeopardizing myself in any way since there is a child in the house?
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
You have the right to ask her to leave but you cannot force her to do so.If this is a legal marriage then this is your matrimonial home and she has the same right that you have to remain in the home. The fact that she has a child doesn't put you in any situation of jeopardy though. You can still ask her to leave. If this is a common law relationship instead then let me know your province and also whose name is ***** *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is a legal marriage and we have been married for about 8 years. The province is in Saskatchewan.
Neither of you can force the other out. So you can ask but otherwise she can stay until all the issues relating to the division of property are resolved, either by agreement or court order.