How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 100942
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I was to change my name legally as a parent would child

Customer Question

If I was to change my name legally as a parent would child protection be notified of my legal name change if there is a open child protection file.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also Canada newfoundland child protection issue a Canada wide hospital notification when I have a open child protection file, to other hospitals outside of newfoundland. I planning on going outside of Newfoundland to have a new baby.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
When someone changes their name there is no notification provided to any agencies unless there is a court order to that effect. But your Social Insurance Number does not change and as well to have provincial health coverage you would need to notify them of your new name.There is no guarantee that you will be able to avoid child protection services. Name changes to avoid orders or creditors are considered fraudulent.So all in all you are taking a big chance and would likely do much better if you had a lawyer acting for you than simply thinking you can change your name and avoid all these issues.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok are child protection provincalized if I was to move provinces without my children are they able to notify all child protection offices in Canada that I am expecting a child
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
They will absolutely notify the child protection agency in the other province. You really need to retain a family lawyer that specializes in child protection proceedings.