How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience:  25 years in practice.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Iam legally separated from my wife.she has possession of our

Customer Question

iam legally separated from my wife.she has possession of our two girls aged 9 and 11 and they are with me every second weekend.i have a situation now that the eleven year old wants to live with me as she is not getting along with her mother and the live in does the court look upon this and would they listen to an eleven year olds request.i live in nova scotia
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Tom B. replied 2 years ago.
There is no magic age when a court listens to a child. It is a matter of circumstances and the maturity level of the child. Certainly however, keeping an 11 year old out of the legal process is preferable. Also, courts know that children often tell each parent what they think they want to hear.
What is your read of the situation? Have you discussed it with your ex or would that place more pressure on her? What do you want to have happen?
Expert:  Tom B. replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks for your reply.i have talked to my daughter and worked things out for now.

Related Canada Family Law Questions