How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 100385
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex has now filed our separation agreement with the court.

Customer Question

My ex has now filed our separation agreement with the court. I recieved an enforcement order to pay back child support. My child is STILL not registered in school but continues to work full time. He tried to collect EI from Dec. through April but was short 2 weeks of hours. Does she need to give me notice or serve me once she has filed the agreement with the court? I understand I need to file a motion to change support now?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for requesting me. She does not need to give you notice when seeking to enforce the agreement by filing it with the court. You do have to bring a motion to change as your next step.

Related Canada Family Law Questions