Canada Criminal Law

Have a Criminal Law Question? Ask an Expert.

I accidentally walked out of a store with an item I didn’t…

Customer Question
Hi, I accidentally walked...

Hi, I accidentally walked out of a store with an item I didn’t pay for. I had the money on me to pay for it but they’re still treating it as theft. I haven’t had my finger prints done yet as they made me promise to come in to do it. Can you assist me with this

Lawyer's Assistant: Have theft charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

The court date is July 13th

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the theft occur?

This is in Canada

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Canada Criminal Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/31/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear that this happened to you.

What information specifically are you looking for?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!