Canada Criminal Law

Have a Criminal Law Question? Ask an Expert.

I was stabbed in an unprovoked Altercation iwas stabbed 2…

Customer Question
Hi i was stabbed...

Hi i was stabbed in an unprovoked Altercation iwas stabbed 2 times in the face and oncein the liver iwas rushed to hospital in edmonton where i died for a few minutes and cameback then developed numonia my family was called 2 different times telling them i was goin to dye somehow i pulled through i spent over a month in the hospital with the results. i lost my Place to live i had my phone stolen at the same time and my family coldent communicate with me as i was heavily sedated so no one knew i was in the hospital and all my belongings were looted i didnt even have the clothes i was wearing the Ambulance guys cut them off me i applied to victim services in edmonton snd am wondering if this is somthing i should get a llawer for .The people responseable for stabbing me were both Arrested and charged ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

It happend in edmonton alberta Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes the people are in jail i ssent an application to victim services in Edmonton alberta im not shure if i should have a lawer taking care of 6his or not

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Canada Criminal Law
3/12/2018
Criminal Lawyer: CriminalLawyerTO, Criminal Defence Lawyer replied 4 months ago
CriminalLawyerTO
CriminalLawyerTO, Criminal Defence Lawyer

Have you heard back from victim services? When did this all take place?