How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 13
Experience:  25 years in practice.
Type Your Canada Criminal Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Iam 67 yrs old rcently widowed guy ,,,sold vancouver haus

Customer Question

iam 67 yrs old rcently widowed guy ,,,sold vancouver haus and retired almost a yr ago...i met sweet talking 44 yrs old lady..became aquqintance..last nov .she borrowed money from me to finance her trip to the philippines to defray the hospital and medical expenses of her mother...aftera while she gets back here to vancouver and convince me to invest money on gambling lending in thecasino...initially i put up 20 to 30 thou$ in 2 occassions...we normally talked in restaurants and she promised me another 80k dividends if if put in another 175k in 3 different occassions...i guess she doped me since i diddnt have control over withdrawal..until last week she txtd me that her group was caught by the police...txted and phoned her but to to no i realized its an scam bilking me of total$225k since i am vulnerable senior man....i met this lady at the casino ..lured and befriend me knowing i am living with my depressed daughter...She own a twn haus in vancouver...i already reported this to Richmond RCMP...want her charge criminally and want my money back
JA: We have a 30 day refund policy so you can simply email***@******.*** and they will try to fix your problem or refund your money.
Customer: dont get you.
JA: Have charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: the police just heard my case..filed it...and he put me in richmond hospital since he noticed i was not a normal person that time..yes i felt i was sexually abused by a man whom i let him in to shelter him and then killed my 2 adult children...was really distraught losing that$.
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: richmond british columbia canada
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: are you in metro vancouver bc
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this but I don't understand the facts.

Is this about what this woman did to you? I thought it was but then you mentioned some other disturbing facts.

What are the police doing about this and do they know who she is and how much money she took from you?

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.