How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 13
Experience:  25 years in practice.
Type Your Canada Criminal Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was arrested of Friday for the first time on what i'm

Customer Question

hello I was arrested of Friday for the first time on what i'm calling "fantasy or made up charges' witch where 2 counts of assault and 1 of uttering threats. my 2 part question is (part 1) I know of the 1 defendant has been in breach of a restraining order against him more times than I can count am I still aloud to legally call him in on the breach in his restraining order? (part 2) the other defendant has been forcing or threatening to harm me with a weapon if I refused to put on restraints ( handcuffs and leg irons ) after the kids are in bed and she's kept me like that for the last 2 months or until Tuesday after I was told to leave the house by the ministry of child and family development am I still allowed to call those charges in and would I at that poi t have any negotiation pull to possibly drop all charges with said party as the one is my wife?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: this is in British Columbia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: only from the holding cells
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Expert:  gradycolleen replied 11 months ago.

Hello. I will help you today. I have been an attorney for 27 years. I am reviewing your question and will be back to you shortly.

Expert:  gradycolleen replied 11 months ago.

I just realized this involves the law of Canada. I will opt out for someone in Canada to help you.