Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice.
28667836

Ulysses 101 lawyer: Can a Canadian pilot using a military

Customer Question

Ulysses 101 lawyer :Can a Canadian pilot using a military jet to dive over Canadian persons and inhabited housing in Canada (at approximately 25 feet horizontally - 50 feet vertically) be held accountable under the Canadian Criminal Code of Canada?
For example;
Criminal Code Section 249 subsection1c
CriminalCodeSection 249 subsection 2a-2b
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can a Canadian pilot using a military jet to dive over Canadian persons and inhabited housing in Canada (at approximately 25 feet horizontally - 50 feet vertically) be held accountable under the Canadian Criminal Code of Canada?
For example;
Criminal Code Section 249subsection1c
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Reference: Can a Canadian pilot using a military jet to dive over Canadian persons and inhabited housing in Canada (at approximately 25 feet horizontally - 50 feet vertically) be held accountable under the Canadian Criminal Code of Canada?For Example: Criminal Code Section 249 subsection 1cCriminal Code Section 249 subsection 2a-2bThe first request to have this question answered was 21 October 2016. It is now 25 October 2016. Certainly the 'answer quickly' time frame has passed. You have made reference to the 'cannot guarantee or predict a response time'. This would appear to be at odds with the 'Answer in under 30 minutes, guaranteed'.Once again, please have my question answered
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Wendy replied 11 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.
If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Best
Expert:  ulysses101 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the question and for requesting me. However, I don't practise in this area of law, so I'm going to opt out as your expert.

Perhaps you should relist the question, without indicating that I'm your preferred expert. Then the other experts in Canada Law will look at it to see if they can assist.

Good luck

Ulysses

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your response. I did relist the question and received no interest. The Department of National Defense was contacted and an answer was provided." The Criminal Code of Canada applies to all Armed Forces activities and operations in Canada "

I'm glad you got your information, and I'm sorry you didn't get help here on the site.

If you put down a deposit for this question, you can ask for it back. If you're on a subscription you can ask the site to not count this thread (and the other one on the same subject) towards your question limit.

Ulysses