How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 100424
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Criminal Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was t by someone who ran a red light and was charged. I

Customer Question

I was hit by someone who ran a red light and was charged. I was deemed not at fault. I was on my motorcycle, and due to my injuries, I can't drive my daily driver as it is standard and I can't use my left leg to operate the clutch as it was injured badly. Am I entitled to anything?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

What province are you in please?

What does the insurance company say you are entitled to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ontario. Insurance is covering me for the vehicle. Haven't heard if they are calling it a total loss or not yet. Medical costs that my work benefits don't cover.
But I have no means of transportation. They say my policy doesn't cover it and they can get me a rental for $32 a day.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

In Ontario, as you likely know, we have a no fault insurance scheme. And how this works it that your own insurance pays you for your damages if you are in an accident, whether you are at fault or not.

When you purchased your insurance you decided what to get and what not to get and to some extent that likely depended on the costs. But, what you purchased is what you get and not more even though the accident was not your fault.

So if your policy doesn't include coverage for a rental vehicle in the case you need this because of an accident then you cannot get this covered unfortunately.

Do you see what I mean?

Related Canada Criminal Law Questions