Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

If you are charged with a crime in a foreign country

If you are charged with a crime in a foreign country (Colombia) and while in house arrest you leave the country, and go back to Canada or elsewhere, will you be extradited back to Colombia? (15 years sentence, currently in appeal)

Yes that is possible.

Canada and Columbia have a bilateral extradition treaty.

If would be best for you to consult on the phone with a criminal lawyer in Canada at once.

If you are in Canada already you can see the lawyer face to face.

If you want me to lock this post so that it is not open for the public to read once we are done and you've rated me I can ask the site to do so as you need confidentiality in this case.