How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 100977
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Criminal Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you are charged with a crime in a foreign country

This answer was rated:

If you are charged with a crime in a foreign country (Colombia) and while in house arrest you leave the country, and go back to Canada or elsewhere, will you be extradited back to Colombia? (15 years sentence, currently in appeal)

Yes that is possible.

Canada and Columbia have a bilateral extradition treaty.

If would be best for you to consult on the phone with a criminal lawyer in Canada at once.

If you are in Canada already you can see the lawyer face to face.

If you want me to lock this post so that it is not open for the public to read once we are done and you've rated me I can ask the site to do so as you need confidentiality in this case.

Legal Ease and other Canada Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you