How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 13
Experience:  25 years in practice.
Type Your Canada Criminal Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our son was charged with disturbing the peace. He and s

Customer Question

Customer: Our son was charged with disturbing the peace. He and his girlfriend were arguing and he called the police to assist when she was 'stealing' their puppy. He was charged instead of her. What happens if he pleads not guilty? He was on lunch hour from work - no drinking or drugs involved.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The charge is disturbing the peace. There was a no contact. She contacted him and therefore since he breached, if he pleads guilty, it will be a conditional discharge. She still tries to contact our son and there are no consequences for her but if our son replies to one text, it would be jail.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Canada Criminal Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok. I prefer the answers soon and around $18 is fine - but how do i know you're legal or trust giving cc info.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Expert:  ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

You're asking what will happen if your son pleads not guilty, and I can help you with that. But I need some more information first.

What province are you in?

How old is your son?

Does he have a criminal record?

He's facing two charges currently, a disturb peace (do you know if it's s.175? Sometimes it's another section of the code, like s.30) and a breach of recog/bail?

Is he still with this girl? Do you have any insight as to why she keeps contacting him, knowing that he can't reply?

Related Canada Criminal Law Questions