Canada Criminal Law

Have a Criminal Law Question? Ask an Expert.

Canada Criminal Law

My daughter has been fired from her job and accused of

Customer Question
theft. She has been...
My daughter has been fired from her job and accused of theft. She has been told that if she pays $1800.00, no charges will be laid. She denies stealing anything; however, I do not feet that she is blameless as even though nothing physical had been taken, she had allowed friends to use services for free. I do not want her to be charged and have agreed that she will pay the 1800 requested but want something in writing absolving her. I do not want this payment to be an admission of guilt but neither of us want the threat of criminal charges against her so I just want to pay her what they are asking for. The owner has agreed to sign off on any letter I provide as long as I pay her $1800.oo
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Criminal Law
8/26/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_JD,
 replied 2 years ago
Zoey_JD

My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.

This question was posted in US criminal law. Is this incident happening in the US or in Canada?

Canada
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_JD,
 replied 2 years ago

Thank you. I wasn't certain because the question appears to have been posted in the states.

I will send this off to Canada so that you'll get an answer according to your country's law. Please be patient while customer service moves it, as it may take them a bit of time to get to it. Also, please do not rate my services, since I never provided you with any answer.

Criminal Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

Are you asking for a lawyer on the site to write the letter? That is not possible as you need your own lawyer to write the letter. If you want me to suggest how to find a lawyer in your city then let me know your province, please.

Legal Ease
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer