How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 99930
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Criminal Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My house was broken into by minors. They have be caught. I'm

Customer Question

My house was broken into by minors. They have be caught. I'm laying charges of break and entry , theft over 5000. Is there any way we can go about charging their parents. They are 14 and 15 , 3 boys 2 girls. I know nothing will happen to them so what can we do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have not recovered my money or jewelry
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

You cannot charge their parents.

But you aren't right that nothing will happen to them. They will at least have to do some community service if not more and they may have to make restitution so I suggest speaking to the Crown about that.