How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 13
Experience:  25 years in practice.
Type Your Canada Criminal Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a U.S. Citizen in the USA in divorce proceedings with my

Customer Question

I'm a U.S. Citizen in the USA in divorce proceedings with my Canadian (permanent resident) husband. There is what is called a joint- preliminary injunction in place here in the Nevada court that says in short, that we are not to liquidate or spend assets
etc...only pay regular bills. If an asset were to be liquidated we are both supposed to sign. Well, there is a contested interspousal agreement that was signed by me after our marriage in Sask. That agreement has not yet been validated by our courts here nor
has the law society of Sask given their answer on the matter. The agreement was signed under duress and no complete financial disclosures were made upon the drafting or signing of that document. I'm the meanwhile my husband sold our Canada home and had the
funds from the sale written in a check to his sister! All to try to hide the money from me and even worse the CRA! Apparently he owes them some money too. What is the deal here? Can he get away with these shenanigans in Canada? The judge is about to find this
out here... I'm just curious your take on this non-sense.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Do you want me to continue with you or are you asking for a second opinion?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By all means go ahead I had posted this question under criminal law as I'm curious about consequences from the criminal vantage point. He and his family members continue to get away with commiting flagrant crimes and nothing yet seems to happen to them. I'm just curious as to criminal consequences. This is such a layered case and as you can see has me a mental twist.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I think I will opt out and let a criminal lawyer take over. But this is not on the criminal law list. It is on the family law list. As well, until you rate my other answer I doubt anyone else will take your questions because they will worried about being paid. Even though you have a subscription we don't get paid unless you rate us. Would you like for me to ask the site to move this to the criminal law list?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes please. I'm not sure how it got back to family law and I will of course rate you. Thank you for all your help.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.