How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 13
Experience:  25 years in practice.
Type Your Canada Criminal Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 16 year old son who lives in Indiana who has a 17

Customer Question

I have a 16 year old son who lives in Indiana who has a 17 year old friend who lives in Calgary, CA. These boys are both afflicted with different forms of mental disabilities but are both extremely high functioning and very intelligent young men. They
have been friends for about 3 years and met on the internet playing a multi-player game run by the "Lego" Company entitled "Roblox". There is another boy who lives in Canada (information on whom is available) who is literally terrorizing these boys and others
like them on a habitual basis. He call them profane names and makes fun of their disabilities. He threatens to kill their mothers and fathers, he knows my phone number and calls me numerous times each week and threatens me,and my son, he hacks into our cable
account, facebook account, email account, Skype account and more. He has threatened to do damage to my bank account and I don't know if he has the capacity to do so or not! This child has to be stopped!! This has been going on for years and no one will help
us. We have contacted the FBI, the Police, his mother....she is as bad as he is. and don't know what to do. He is breaking the law and no law enforcement agency seems to care plus we have the bounderies of our countries. I am disabled and divorced and am very
limited on funds. Any help you can offer at a reasonable price would mean the world to me. My son has Autism and is living in a group home away from me presently and this is very difficult for him to deal with on his own although we do communicate several
times daily. Many Many Thanks, Michelle (and Hunter) Cullen
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
I am saddened to hear this.What did you all the police in Calgary or in Indiana?What did the FBI say?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Everyone gave us the "run-around". The Indiana police said it was a situation for the Canadian police and the Canadian police said it was a job for the Indiana police so we got nowhere with the police. The FBI said to go to their cyber crime website. Once there we were told we had to have three individuals complain about the same boy. I know that more than three victims have complained about this boy. We are disparate ...... we do not know where to turn! This is unbelievable. My ex- husband has a mental disability as well and is elderly and was a victim of a cyber crime about 3 years ago in the amount of thousands of dollars that he had saved for our son. He KNEW who it was and no one would help with that crime either! They are both mentally disabled but this time the victim is a CHILD! A DISABLED CHILD! And no one cares. It is just unfathomable..... Please help me.My Best,
Michelle Cullen
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
I cannot help you in the sense that I cannot act for you but I can make some suggestions. First let me know if you spoke to the local police in Calgary or the provincial police or the RCMP.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not know. May I put my work time on hold while I learn the answer to this?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.
The timer only runs while I am working on the question so don't worry about that.