Canada Business Law

Have Canadian Business Law Questions? Ask an Expert.

I recently signed a lease agreement to rent a house

Customer Question
Hi,I recently signed a lease...
Hi,I recently signed a lease agreement to rent a house (residential property) and I believe the contract contains a lot of illegal points (that I didn't know were illegal).I'm really looking for a contract review more than just an answer (I understand and agree that this can include extra fees) so that I can know what the landlord can & cannot do and how to protect my self/interest?The main points that concern me are:
"The Tenant agrees and accepts this lease is for 1 year duration only. No automatic and/or month to month shall kick in thereafter. The tenant must vacate upon completion date of this agreement to lease. However the landlord may consider extending the lease to the tenant provided a 2 months' notice is given ti the landlord before the completion of the term in this contract. Both parties shall enter a new contract. The Tenant agrees that this condition is included for the benefit if the Landlord and may be waived at the Ladlord's sole option by a written notice to the tenant within the time period stated herein.""In the event that the landlord has to initiate court proceedings to evict the tenant and/or to recover money from unpaid rent, utility, damages caused by Tenant within the property, the latter would be fully liable to pay the cost for legal fess associated with such proceedings and with the eviction. Any unpaid amount will be reported to credit bereau"Can he evict me after the end of the year?
Am I obligated to pay the legal fees for him if he initiates court to evict me and he didn't win the case?
Can he harm my credit record at this case? (didn't win the case of evicting me)
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Canada Business Law
5/26/2018
Business Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 26 days ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Are you asking for a second opinion?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
nope, a contract review.
but apparently i can't find a lawyer to do it :/

The lawyers on this site cannot review documentation.

But a local lawyer should be able to do that for you for a small fee.