Canada Business Law

Have Canadian Business Law Questions? Ask an Expert.

If I incorporate a company with 4 partners, am I more

protected than if I register...
If I incorporate a company with 4 partners, am I more protected than if I register it and if somebody sues me, can they still sue me personally if I am incorporated?
3/1/2018
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

You are significantly more protected if you incorporate.

When you incorporate the corporation is a separate legal entity. So it is not you.

It is rare that a director of a corporation can be personally sued so it is most often a very good idea to incorporate.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer