Canada Business Law

Have Canadian Business Law Questions? Ask an Expert.

In ontario canada what is the statement of limitations for a…

Customer Question
In ontario canada what...

In ontario canada what is the statement of limitations for a divorce/separation once the papers have been filed with the court

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

It is in ontario canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes the process has been going on for 6 years tomorrow and there have been one delay after another on the applicant's side. She has gone through 2 lawyers and still nothing has been completed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The applicant left the family home with 3 kids at home the youngest being 14 and now i have full custody of the youngest child and the applicant doesn't even talk to her kids and hasn't since the day she left. We keep going to court and mediation and she doesn't say a thing and nothing gets accomplished... i don't know what else to do because it has been 6 years of nothing... my lawyer isn't doing anything now unless i give him money first and even then nothing gets accomplished. I want to know how long this goes on before the limitations ends

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Business Law
12/6/2017
Business Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you asking about the division of assets or custody or support?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!