Canada Business Law

Have Canadian Business Law Questions? Ask an Expert.

Its going to be costly to consolidate all cases to Superior…

Its going to be costly...
Its going to be costly to consolidate all cases to Superior Court, if the defendant lost the case, or 80% of the case, he has to bear all the court fee and counsel fee right?
What if I just win against his zero asset limited company, he will then just pay nothing? That means the loser would be me.
Its seems the law always protects the defendants hiding at the back of a limited company.
I haven't decided whether it's worthwhile to spend my hard earning money on an Idiot.
There got to have many other penalties with no money involved.
11/30/2017
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

He will not have to pay all your costs. In most cases it is 1/3 of your legal costs. At most it will be 2/3s.

So it is very costly as legal fees are exorbitant at all times. It is the main benefit of Small Claims Court.

If he has transferred assets out of his corporation then you can go after his other corporations or himself personally. It is fraud.

But speak to your lawyer and ask if this is worth it given the risks, the costs, the time it takes and the possible outcomes.

There's writ registered against him by me in Oct, 2017, since all cases are related , even though it's for small claim, can he ask to release this writ,

There is no basis for him to remove the writs.

That means he has to hold on to the property till the end of the case (maybe a few years).
My neighbours had a little chat with me yesterday, they all want to say something about his misconducts in court. Can they just write an statement for future use?

They can write a statement which will remind them later what they said but those statements will not be able to be used in Court. For court you would have subpoena them.

I was told by one of the victims that their biggest mistake was to sue him in Superior Court, and ended up his bankruptcy, but her half million legal cost.
The key different for my case against him now was the registration of writ against him, I don't think he has chance to declare bankruptcy now.
As for his cheating of insurance company, can the insurer report the whole scam and proofs to the insurance company, and let the insurance company decide if they want to take action or not.

Declaring bankruptcy does not hurt you in terms of any of the writs. That is like a secured loan and you get paid first.

Yes you can report what you like and leave it to them.

Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer