How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 100435
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Business Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to import form EUROPE to Canada a Toyota Land that is

Customer Question

I want to import form EUROPE to Canada a Toyota Land that is over 15 years old hence no need of RI.(Register importer)
However some says tha it need a door sticker, but in Europe no sticker on the door, if I give the customs a letter that show the production date, would Toyota Canada will provide a sticker for admittance?Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Business Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need an answer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
of course
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

From my research you will not need the sticker as the car is over 15 years old and so you are exempt from the RIV program.

If you require a sticker you would be provided one after you pass the RIV inspection but as that is not needed I don't see how they will require the door sticker.

If they do then you should have a letter from the manufacturer that sets out all the information that would be on the door sticker.

I hope that helps as a starting point.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome.

If we are done please rate me now so that I can receive credit for my work.

Thanks and take good care.

Related Canada Business Law Questions