Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in legal practice and over 30 years in business.
28667836

I recently got an auto loan through a used car dealership in

Customer Question

I recently got an auto loan through a used car dealership in BC and because I was told my credit rate was at 0 I needed to establish a rapport with the bank who was willing to agree to give me the loan. I specifically requested a winter capable suv or cross over with 4x4 or all wheel drive, however was given a front wheel drive car, but was told to drive this only to establish a payment pattern and show that I can make all payments and on time. Which I have done. When I agreed to this car it was purely because I was promised that by the time the end of october cam I would be in a vehicle with the specific's I asked for in the beginning. It is now december and I am missing family things because I have a front wheel drive car that cannot be safe in the winter conditions that I face. Although I was promised that I wouldn't have this car, I am now being told otherwise. So my question is what can I do in order to either get the vehicle I was promised t have or how do I get out of having anything to do with this car or this awful company?
Category: Canada Business Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying that the car dealership stated to you clearly that by October you could trade in this car for another car with the specifications you wanted?