How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 100378
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Business Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to buy some property from a company who has a

Customer Question

Good afternoon, I would like to buy some property from a company who has a registered office in Saskatchewan, Canada. The Corporate Registries of Saskatchewan has two Directors owning 100 percent of the company and one Director is a USA citizen and the
other is has Canadian citizenship. The canadian Director wants to sell us some assets owned by the company and I am concerned that I may need sign off from the other Director. Should I be looking for some proof that this guy can sign off on the sale without
the other Director's sign off? If so, what should I look for?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Business Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

You agreement is not with a director. The corporation is a separate legal entity and your agreement is with the corporation.

So you don't have to worry about whether the other director is involved in the deal or not.

It is the corporation and you that are contracting about the sale.