Calculus and Above

Calculus Questions? Ask a Mathematician for Answers ASAP

A researcher predicts that watching a film on

Customer Question
institutionalization will change students’ attitudes...
A researcher predicts that watching a film on institutionalization will change students’ attitudes about chronically mentally ill patients. The researcher randomly selects a class of 36 students, shows them the film, and gives them a questionnaire about their attitudes. The mean score on the questionnaire for these 36 students is 70. The score for people in general on this questionnaire is 75, with a standard deviation of 12. Using the five steps of hypothesis testing and the 5% significance level (i.e. alpha = .05), does showing the film change students’ attitudes towards the chronically mentally ill?What does it mean to set alpha at .05?
What is your null hypothesis? Alternate hypothesis?
Is this a one-tailed or two-tailed hypothesis?
What is the critical z?
Calculate the obtained z. Do you reject or fail to reject the null hypothesis?
State in words what you have found.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Calculus and Above
3/29/2018
Tutor: Ryan, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer

Thank you for using the site. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Please see the document at the following link for responses to these questions.

HypothesisTest

Please let me know if you have any difficulty accessing the file at that link, and please feel free to ask if you have any questions about the responses.

Thanks,

Ryan