Calculus and Above

Calculus Questions? Ask a Mathematician for Answers ASAP

I have a lot of trouble with finding correlation by adding…

Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a lot of trouble with finding correlation by adding n=15 two points to each of X values. There are n=15 pairs of X and Y values with Pearson correlation of r=0.40

Tutor's Assistant: The Advanced Math Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Tell me more about what you need help with so we can help you best.

Well, is there a formula for my math problem described above?

3/11/2018
Ashok Kumar
Ashok Kumar, Electrical Engineer

Kindly forward the problem. I will try to solve.

Thank you. Here is the problem.A set of n=15 pairs of X and Y values has a Pearson correlation of r=0.40. If 2 points were added to each of the X values, then what is the correlation form the resulting data?a. 0.40
b. -0.40
c. 0.60
d. -0.60

It should be 0.4 as extra two x values will not affect correlation.

Ashok Kumar
Ashok Kumar, Electrical Engineer
Thanks