Calculus and Above

Calculus Questions? Ask a Mathematician for Answers ASAP

New Question: ANOVA

quot;For Ryan Only"New Question: ANOVA...
quot;For Ryan Only"New Question: ANOVA
3/7/2018
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer

Please post the problem statement and data.

Thanks,

Ryan

Here you go.All I need is:-an ANOVA calculation
-an easy/quick synopsis/interpretation of how and why the results are what they are
-lastly to know if there was a significant difference between the recruiting methods in terms of likelihood of accepting a job offer?Thank you very much!

Ok, thanks.

Do you need to do the calculations manually, or can you use software?

Ryan

Excel is sufficient as long as I can see/understand how the calculations occurred.

Well, that's the thing, using statistics software (including Excel) hides the details of the calculations and just gives you the results.

The instructions states that excel is fine as long as I can "interpret" the results...i.e. if there is a significant difference, etc.
Ok. I’ll get this back to you as soon as I can.
ok...perfect.

Hi again,

Please see the Word document at the following link:

Anova

Please feel free to ask if you have any additional questions about this.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hey Ryan...I received the document. So just for clarification.....there is a significant difference between the recruiting methods used and the overall likelihood of the recruits accepting the job offer? How is this conclusion made from the data?
that is the conclusion of the hypothesis test. The ANOVA procedure is testing whether there is a difference in the “between groups” variance and the “within groups” variance. If the variances are different enough, then it is likely that the groups are different, which is the case with these three groups.
are the differences stemming from the variance column of the ANOVA data? and do these differences show one that is more effective (different) than the others in a positive manner?
are these differences stemming
There are some complicated formulas that are computed that use the variances of the groups. You can’t tell by just looking at the variances though.
oh ok so it is not able to be known by looking at the data whether one of these measured methods:-Minority college recruiting
-Job fairs in minority communities
-Mining diversity websites such as the diversity employment exchange.....was most effective?
Correct. ANOVA only tells you IF one of them is different. It doesn’t tell you WHICH one is different. Additional testing is needed to make that determination.
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Ok cool, I got it. Well that is it for this question but I know I will be talking to you again soon! Take care until then and as always THANK YOU!
You’re quite welcome!
Unfortunately I don't have extra money at this time, still waiting for my next portion of my stipend to come through but hopefully next time I can give a tip too!
No worries. :)